CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionAs the number of children for whom English is an Additional Language in schools increases, how do teachers and trainees prepare to support them to succeed? This text is their toolkit. A complete guide to understanding, learning from and teaching bilingual and EAL children in schools. The text begins by asking 'who are EAL learners' and challenges some of the misconceptions about this group. It goes on to examine language in depth, providing focused theory to help teachers and trainees better understand the wider context of children's needs. This theory is supported by a wealth of information on practical teaching strategies and resources in the promoting learning section. The text covers planning across the curriculum for EAL, assessing EAL and bilingual learners and classroom organisation, offering day-to-day practical support for teachers. New to this second edition are chapters on Language across the curriculum in secondary settings and Using home languages and cultures in learning as well many new case studies from practicing teachers offering insight and kwledge on teaching this particular group.
- Author BiographyDr. Jean Conteh is a senior lecturer in the School of Education at the University of Leeds, where she teaches on the PGCE Primary course and on MA courses. She has worked in many countries and is a very experienced teacher educator. She has published widely in the field of EAL in primary education, both for teachers and for academic audiences. Her research focuses on ways to promote success for those pupils who are often labelled 'disadvantaged' in our education system, and covers the role of language in teaching and learning in primary classrooms and the expertise and professional roles of bilingual teachers.
- Author(s)Jean Conteh
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/03/2015
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleTransforming Primary QTS Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date09/09/2015
- Weight363 g
- Width168 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.