All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.59
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.30
- AU $11.65Trending at AU $17.07
About this product
- DescriptionBefore Two-Fisted Tales burst onto the scene in 1950, war comics were largely unsophisticated, focusing only on action and adventure - essentially thinly veiled war propaganda. Under the editorial direction of Harvey Kurtzman (who also penned the majority of the stories in this collection), Two-Fisted Tales dared to examine the horrors and madness to be found on the battlefield.
- Author BiographyHarvey Kurtzman (1924-1993) was a cartoonist, writer, editor and comics genius. He is probably best remembered for MAD, which he founded in 1952. He created 28 revolutionary issues for E.C. publisher Bill Gaines (for whom he also created Two-Fisted Tales and Frontline Combat ) with such talent as Will Elder, Jack Davis, and Wally Wood before leaving in 1956. Kurtzman then created the short-lived satire magazine Trump for Playboy publisher Hugh Hefner in 1957. He followed with the comic-sizeHumbug in 1958, then Help! magazine. During his Help! tenure he discovered such diverse talent as Terry Gilliam, Gloria Steinem, Gilbert Shelton, and R. Crumb. In 1962 he and collaborator Will Elder began producing the long-running and elaborate Little Annie Fanny comic forPlayboy. In the '70s he became known as the father-in-law of underground comix for inspiring a new generation of media-bending cartoonists.
- PublisherDark Horse Comics
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDark Horse Comics
- Content Note1
- Weight1094 g
- Width215 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byStephen Geppi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.