All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExchange-traded funds (ETFs) are revolutionizing the investment industry. From their introduction in 1993, ETFs have expanded exponentially over the past fifteen years. You, as an informed investor, need to kw what makes ETFs unique, how they work, and which funds may help you achieve your financial goals. The updated edition provides the most current look at the ETF market, where the number of funds has doubled since the book first published in December 2007. A huge number of bonds funds, commodities funds, currency funds, leverage and short funds have been introduced. In addition, actively managed ETFs are here w, and some major mutual fund companies, like Fidelity and PIMCO, are getting into the market. Remarkably, the termilogy in the ETP marketplace is also evolving at a rapid pace. The acronym ETP for exchange-traded product has become an industry standard. The term did t exist two years ago. Written by veteran financial professional and experienced author Richard Ferri, The ETF Book, Updated Edition gives you a broad and deep understanding of this important investment vehicle and provides you with the tools needed to successfully integrate exchange-traded funds into any portfolio. This detailed, yet clearly articulated guide contains the most up-to-date information on navigating the growing number of ETFs available in today's marketplace. Divided into four comprehensive parts, this guide addresses everything from ETF basics and in-depth fund analysis to the tax benefits of using ETFs. Included are a variety of portfolio management strategies using ETFs and examples of different model portfolios that you can easily adapt to your own investment endeavors. Whether you're just getting started or are a seasoned ETF investor, The ETF Book, Updated Edition will help enhance your understanding of this evolving field by:* Examining the fundamental differences between exchange-traded portfolios* Highlighting how to effectively implement a wide selection of ETFs from * Exploring specific ETF strategies from buy and hold to market timing and sector rotation* Introducing Index Strategy Boxes a new way to understand index construction and how a fund is investing your money* And much moreEach chapter of The ETF Book, Updated Edition offers concise coverage of various issues. It is filled with in-depth insights on different types of ETFs and practical advice on how to select and manage them. The appendixes are an added benefit, offering an ETF Resource List, which will point you to more places for information on these structures, and a detailed Glossary to help you with industry-specific definitions. The ETF Book, Updated Edition is an invaluable road map for developing a winning investment strategy. Armed with the kwledge found throughout these pages, you'll be prepared to build a solid portfolio of ETFs that will benefit you for years to come.
- Author BiographyRichard A. Ferri, CFA, is the founder and CEO of the investment firm Portfolio Solutions, LLC. An author of four previous books on low-cost investing, Ferri earned a bachelor of science degree in business administration from the University of Rhode Island and a master of science degree in finance from Walsh College. He worked at two major Wall Street firms for ten years before starting Portfolio Solutions in 1999. The company manages $1 billion in separate accounts using ETFs and index funds. Clients include individuals, nonprofit organizations, and corporate pension plans.
- Author(s)Richard A. Ferri
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2009
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight624 g
- Width164 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.