All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionIs there a tension between the rmative fundamentals and strategic objectives of European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP)? Is 'values versus security' an unavoidable choice to be made by the EU and its neighbours or, rather, a false dichotomy? Newly available in paperback, this book argues that what is often considered a fundamental dilemma of EU foreign policy misrepresents a much more complex reality in which values and security interplay to shape the EU's external positions. The book proposes an original conceptual framework for examining the complex interaction between values and security and situates the ENP in the broader conceptual debate about European foreign policy. In this way, it goes beyond the early scholarship on ENP, mainly inspired by the EU enlargement literature, to examine the EU's evolving relations with its immediate neighbours in areas such as democracy promotion, common foreign and security policy, conflict management and resolution and soft security issues such as energy or immigration policy.
- Author BiographyGergana Noutcheva is Assistant Professor at the Political Science Department of Maastricht University, the Netherlands.|Karolina Pomorska is Assistant Professor at the Political Science Department of Maastricht University, the Netherlands.|Giselle Bosse is Assistant Professor at the Political Science Department of Maastricht University, the Netherlands.
- PublisherManchester University Press
- Date of Publication25/02/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleEurope in Change
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintManchester University Press
- Content NoteLine drawings, black & white|Tables, black & white
- Weight399 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGergana Noutcheva,Giselle Bosse,Karolina Pomorska
- Series Edited byEmil J. Kirchner,Thomas Christiansen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.