All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe European Security Strategy (ESS) has become an important reference framework for the EU since its inception in 2003. Without strategy an actor can only really be a 'reactor' to events and developments. In the ESS the EU w has a strategy, with which it has the potential of shifting boundaries and shaping the World. This volume explores this statement and examines the underlying concepts and implementation of the ESS as a judging tool of all the European Union's external actions. Contributors, closely involved in the early debate leading up to the ESS, assess questions such as how the strategy has shaped EU policy, how it relates to existing policies but also how it has added value to these policies and whether the strategy's objectives are sufficient to safeguard EU interests or whether they should be reviewed and added too. The outline of the strategy itself is followed; addressing its historical and conceptual context, the threat assessment, the multilateral and regional policies of the EU, its military capabilities and its strategic partnerships. This book offers a comprehensive vision of how the EU can achieve the ambitious objectives of the European Security Strategy and become an effective global actor as the strategy helps to forge a global Europe. The EU and the European Security Strategy will be of great interest to students and researchers of European politics and security studies.
- Author BiographySven Biscop is a senior research fellow at the Royal Institute for International Relations in Brussels and professor of European security at Ghent University, Belgium. Jan Joel Andersson is programme director and a research fellow at the Swedish Institute of International Affairs, he also teaches international relations at Stockholm University, Sweden.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byJan Joel Andersson,Prof. Dr. Sven Biscop
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.