All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionA NOVEL OF THE IMPERIAL GERMAN AIR SERVICE A TALE OF AERIAL ADVENTURE set in France during World War I. Willi Wissemann, an impetuous Bavarian officer, joins the German Air Service in 1916 to escape the drudgery and hardships of trench warfare. He is sent to the Front after a brief stint in flying school and begins his career as a recon-bomber pilot, excelling at the seemingly menial tasks of aerial bombardment and photographic reconnaissance. But Wissemann soon realizes that flying single-seat fighting scouts is his true destiny. When the German High Command reorganizes the Air Service into specialized hunting-squadrons and re-equips them with their latest scout, the Albatros D.III-the air war takes on a fiercer and more deadly course. Finally, after many months of pestering the Army High Command, Willi Wissemann gets his chance to take command of a Jasta-a fighter squadron. Once he arrives at the airfield in the Champagne sector, he realizes he has his work cut out for him. He must reorganize an insubordinate bunch of misfits, misanthropes, castoffs and drunks, into a real fighting-squadron. Then during the height of the French spring offensive of 1917, Wissemann is asked to fly a special mission to Paris, transporting a Secret Service agent. What happens next will have a profound effect on his life, his career, and his outlook on the war, changing him forever, scarring his soul for eternity.
- Author BiographyDEKE D. WAGNER was born in Mississippi and raised in Georgia. The son of an American Air Force sergeant and a German mother from Hesse-Darmstadt, Deke grew up having a keen interest in aviation and his German heritage. At the tender age of ten, he read Manfred von Richthofen's autobiography, Der Rote Kampfflieger (The Red Air Fighter) and has ever since been enthralled with tales of air aces and air combat. After high school and a stint in the Army Reserve, Deke attended art school but made little progress. He spent the next two decades pursuing a semi-professional musical career as a singer/songwriter before attempting his first novel-The Eagle and the Albatros. Deke also enjoys playing guitar and recording original music. He currently resides in Atlanta, Georgia. This is his first novel.
- Author(s)MR Deke D Wagner
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.