All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis brief text covers the political, social, and cultural history of the United States from 1789-1829. While many books approach the period of the Early Republic from two distinct standpoints-either from a social and cultural perspective or from a political point of view-this book synthesizes all aspects of U.S. history during this era. The Early American Republic 1789-1829 centers on two main themes: the politics and the process of nation-making, from the origins of government under the Constitution through the inauguration of Andrew Jackson, and the beginnings of American market society. Discussing the politics of American nationhood, democracy, and capitalism, it also examines such topics as family life, religion, the construction and reconstruction of gender systems, the rise of popular print and other forms of communication, and evolving attitudes toward slavery and race.
- Author BiographyPaul E. Johnson is Professor of History at the University of South Carolina.
- Author(s)Paul E. Johnson
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note6 halftones
- Weight300 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.