All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA major literary event: a collection of never-before-published short stories from one of America's most beloved writers In a small Southern town, a teenage girl anxiously waits for her date to arrive. A woman fights to save the life of a child who has her lover's eyes. Best friends on the Upper East Side discuss the theoretical murder of husbands. In these never-before-published stories, set in the rural South and the cosmopolitan New York of the 1940s, written by Truman Capote in his teens and twenties, the American master is already recognizable. This splendid collection offers readers the opportunity to see the confident first steps of one of the twentieth century's most acclaimed writers.
- Author BiographyTruman Capote was born in New Orleans in 1925. He is the author of many highly praised books, including A Tree of Night and Other Stories (1949), The Grass Harp (1951), Breakfast at Tiffany's (1958), In Cold Blood (1965), which immediately became the centre of a storm of controversy on its publication, Music for Chameleons (1980) and Answered Prayers (1986), all of which are published by Penguin. Truman Capote died in August 1984.
- Author(s)Truman Capote
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight294 g
- Width138 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.