All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClimate change is w upon us. While mitigation is essential to reduce the future severity of climate change, it will take time and some effects will inevitably continue for centuries. Consequently, more attention is w being directed to adaptation as a means of reducing losses. As the importance of adaptation becomes more apparent, there is need for wider appreciation and understanding of the concept and its potential, as well as the obstacles to its effective deployment. This reader, the first of its kind, gathers some of the most significant writings on adaptation to climate change from the past two decades. Following an introduction tracing the evolution of adaptation from a biological concept into a policy objective, the book is divided into five parts: * Adaptation Theory * Adaptation, Vulnerability and Resilience * Adaptation and Disaster Risk * Adaptation and Development * Adaptation and Climate Change Policy This is the ideal collection for students, policymakers, researchers, activists and NGOs, and all people who need a solid grounding in all aspects of climate change adaptation.
- Author BiographyE. Lisa F. Schipper is a Research Fellow with Stockholm Environment Institute. Her work addresses socio-cultural aspects of vulnerability and adaptation to climate change. Ian Burton is a Scientist Emeritus at the Meteorological Service of Canada and an Emeritus Professor at the University of Toronto. He has served as a Lead Author of IPCC Assessments and as a consultant on adaptation to the UNFCCC Secretariat, the World Bank, UNDP, and DFID.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2008
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleEarthscan Reader Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteFigures, tables, index
- Weight861 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byE. Lisa F. Schipper,Ian Burton
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.