The Earthwise Herbal: A Complete Guide to New World Medicinal Plants by Matthew Wood (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.06Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this second Earthwise Herbal ('herbal', as defined by Merriam-Webster, is 'a book about plants especially with reference to their medicinal properties') Matthew Wood, an expert herbalist who has used medicinal herbs in tens of thousands of cases over a twenty-five-year career, provides detailed descriptions of New World (North American) herbs and their uses. The first volume of this two-volume set, The Earthwise Herbal: A Complete Guide to Old World Medicinal Plants , was published by North Atlantic Books in May 2008. Organized as a material medica (names and descriptions of herbs/plants are listed alphabetically), the book explains the use of the whole plant - t just 'active ingredients' - in the treatment of the whole person and describes symptoms and conditions that the plants have been successful in treating (digestive ailments, headaches, high blood pressure, asthma, skin rashes, and allergies, to name a few). Wood, one of very few writers who has systematically studied ancient and traditional herbal literature, rather than the occasional text, takes a historical view and presents information in a thoughtful, engaging, n-technical style. In addition, he provides remarkable case studies as well as insight into the 'logic' of each plant - its current usage, past usage, pharmacological constituents, and other elements that together produce a comprehensive portrait of the plant.
- Author BiographyMatthew Wood, a practicing herbalist for more than twenty-five years, lives on an herb farm west of downtown Minneapolis. He is a graduate of the University of Minnesota and holds a Master of Science degree in Herbal Medicine from the Scottish School of Herbal Medicine, accredited by the University of Wales. Wood is the author of five previous books (all published by North Atlantic Books) and a registered herbalist, or professional member, of the American Herbalists Guild, the only self-regulating body of practicing herbalists in the United States. He is also on the faculty at Minneapolis Community Technical College in the Western Herbalism program.
- Author(s)Matthew Wood
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/09/2009
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content NoteOver 25 illustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.