All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a scrupulously researched and superbly written account of the events of that fateful week. The narrative proceeds almost on an hour-by-hour basis building up a picture which, while immensely detailed, is ne the less presented with the greatest clarity. First published in 1964, The Easter Rebellion quickly established itself as the outstanding narrative history of the 1916 Rising in Ireland. It provides an objective and exciting appraisal of what was perhaps the most decisive week in the making of modern Ireland. The story unfolds as a vivid and explosive drama, building up a picture which never loses its sense of narrative urgency. Most of all, the author was able to interview many of the surviving participants - something denied to all subsequent accounts of the Rising.
- Author BiographyThe late Max Caufield was a distinguished journalist and historian. Originally from Ireland he spent most of his career in Britain. He wrote fiction, travel books and history as well as spending many successful years as a journalist in Fleet Street.
- Author(s)Max Caulfield
- Date of Publication01/03/1995
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintGill & Macmillan Ltd
- Weight555 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.