All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Eastward Dissemination of Western Learning in the Late Qing Dynasty discusses the five major themes of the late Qing Dynasty, namely understanding the world, enlightenment through science, striving for a strong and rich country, saving the country from the edge of extinction, and the emergence of democratic idea. The Chinese version has been awarded several prestigious literary prizes including the Grand Prize of College Scientific Research (1993-1994), Outstanding Books of Shanghai Philosophy and Social Sciences (1994-1995), and Second Prize of Outstanding Books of Political Theory.
- Author BiographyXiong Yuezhi is Vice President of the Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences, Director of the Institute of History of the Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of History. He is the author of Zhang Taiyan (1982), The History of Democratic Ideology in Modern China, Shanghai History * General Remarks (1999), An Anthology of Wan Chuan (2004), A Biography of Feng Guifen (2004), The History of St. John's University (co-edited).
- Author(s)Xiong Yuezhi
- PublisherEnrich Professional Publishing
- Date of Publication15/01/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleThe Eastward Dissemination of Western Learning in the Late Qing Dynasty
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintEnrich Professional Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byEnrich Professional Publishing
- Translated byPhoebe Wai
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.