All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou can't escape the ageing process but you can slow it down. By helping you to identify and address the problem areas that are accelerating your rate of ageing, this book reveals how to become more energised, sleep better, get leaner, avoid or delay age-related degenerative conditions typical in your family, and generally look and feel healthier in your 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond. Written by award-winning nutritionists, the book shows you how to manipulate your diet, supplements and lifestyle to strengthen the very body systems that are essential to extending your healthy years - systems such as inflammation, detoxification, carbohydrate metabolism and the stress response. It includes action plans for specific areas of interest, to help you focus on your own individual goal, whether this is reducing pain, improving your bones and joints, easing the mepause, losing weight, revitalising your skin, or reducing the chronic internal inflammation that is the precursor to most age-related diseases. With over 100 recipes, plus meal plans, lifestyle suggestions and questionnaires for self-assessment, the authors guide you through their easy-to-follow programmes that will help you feel and look rejuvenated, revitalized and youthful.
- Author BiographyLorraine Nicolle MSc is a nutrition practitioner with a regular clinic at a London-based natural health centre. Lorraine is also a nutrition lecturer and module leader on university-validated degree and post-graduate courses. She works with a healthcare company, writing and delivering nutrition education sessions for healthcare practitioners, and runs workplace nutrition programmes for businesses. She is a recent recipient of the CAM Award. For more information, see www.lorrainenicollenutrition.co.uk. Christine Bailey MSc is a nutritional practitioner, an experienced chef, food and health consultant and cookery writer with over eighteen years of experience. She works with many food and healthcare companies undertaking recipe development, nutritional consultancy and provides training and support for the corporate sector. She is the author of many recipe and health books and is a regular contributor to a range of national health, food and fitness magazines. She has a regular clinic in Reading and London and is a lecturer and module leader on university-validated undergraduate and postgraduate courses. She is a recent recipient of the CAM Award. See www.advancenutrition.co.uk.
- Author(s)Christine Bailey,Lorraine Nicolle
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/06/2014
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.