All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou can reverse the physical damage of alcoholism with nature's best medicine: food. Common side effects of excessive drinking include poor digestive and liver function; problems with managing blood sugar; weakened circulatory, immune, and nervous systems; and impaired thinking and changes in mood-regulating hormones. While the primary focus of anyone recovering from alcoholism is staying sober, a critical part of recovery involves halting or reversing the physical damage of excessive alcohol consumption. Registered Dietitian Molly Siple's invative program helps you improve your health, detoxify, and reduce the risk of degenerative diseases linked to alcohol abuse. Siple's stress-free, uncomplicated program offers: * Critical information on common physical ailments brought on by alcoholism* Lists of recovery foods that help combat specific ills and improve health* Manageable recovery goals and easy ways to implement them* Easy-to-make recipes for every meal, including snacks and beverages*21 days worth of menus to jump-start nutritious eating* Shopping lists, recommendations for eating out, and other resourcesEating for Recovery's guidelines, practical tips, recipes and varied meal plans make it the essential resource for anyone seeking to restore their health and vitality after alcohol abuse.
- Author BiographyMolly Siple, R.D., M.S., has authored and contributed to over ten books. She is also on the medical advisory board of Natural Health magazine. She lives in Southern California.
- Author(s)Molly Siple
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight542 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.