The Econometrics of Disequilibrium Models by B. Rao, V. K. Srivastava (Hardback, 1990)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $154.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis clearly written volume provides an accessible examination of the nature of disequilibrium models. Srivastava and Rao contend that existing software packages can be easily used to implement some of the relatively simple methods. This study furnishes a substantial grounding in the ecomics and ecometrics of the disequilibrium models by reviewing the Walrasian general equilibrium theory and by comparing the two genuine alternative frameworks for analyzing ecomic phemena. Srivastava and Rao demonstrate that while both frameworks share a common set of basic assumptions about the behavior of the ecomic decision making units, they differ in their assumptions about the ability of the markets to attain equilibrium within a single trading period and whether trading can take place out of equilibrium. The first two chapters provide background, divide the existing methods of estimation of disequilibrium models into two categories, and explain the estimation methods for the basic model that belongs to the first category. The next three chapters explain the estimation methods for the directional, quantitative, and generalized stochastic models of the second category. Various methods for testing and evaluating equilibrium versus disequilibrium hypotheses are investigated in chapter six. Chapter seven examines the assumptions on which the models are formulated and discusses some alternative specifications of the disequilibrium models. The final chapters provide analyses of the ecomics and ecometrics of the multi-market models and illustrate how some simple estimation methods can be used to estimate the disequilibrium formulations of the U. S. labor market. This is an important volume that will aid in the achievement of methodological consistency between analytical philosophy and the estimation methods in the applied work on disequilibrium ecomics.
- Author BiographyV. K. SRIVASTAVA is Professor in the Department of Statistics at Lucknow University. He is a Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, and is a life member of the Academy and the Indian Econometric Society. He has published more than 100 articles on statistical inference in econometrics in journals of international repute. In addition, he is the coauthor of Seemingly Unrelated Regression Equation Models: Estimation and Inference (1987). B. BHASKARA RAO is Senior Lecturer in Economics at the University of New South Wales, Australia. He has published research papers in the Australian Economic Papers, The Review of Economics and Statistics, and the Journal of Macroeconomics, among others.
- Author(s)B. Rao,V. K. Srivastava
- Date of Publication25/09/1990
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleContributions in Economics & Economic History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.111
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight475 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.