All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the way in which the financial crisis that began in the US spread to the ecomy of the European Union. It takes a critical look at the measures adopted by EU institutions in response to that crisis, seeking to explain the rationale behind them, their context, their development and why different exit strategies were t adopted. In doing this, the book makes comparisons with the measures adopted by institutions in the US and the UK. As the crisis has shown that the financial supervision frameworks prevailing in 2007 were t fully able to deal with the largest financial crisis in history, this volume also reviews the proposals that have been designed to reform the supervisory architecture in financial services in the EU. The book concludes that the EU member states under most pressure from financial markets do suffer from intrinsic problems, but that the ecomic effects of the crisis have been exacerbated by shortcomings in ecomic governance within the EU. This work will be highly relevant to policy makers and scholars looking at EU integration, finance and market regulation.
- Author BiographyJavier Bilbao-Ubillos is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Applied Economics at the University of the Basque Country, Spain.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in the European Economy
- Series Part/Volume Number28
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note34 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables, 34 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJavier Bilbao-Ubillos
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.