All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents a collection of Buchanan's most representative works in ecomic method and analysis. As Robert D Tollison points out in his foreword, (Included) in this volume are some of (Buchanan's) most often cited works on methodology, including papers reflecting his emphasis on the subjective nature of opportunity costs and the implications of this subjectivity for ecomic analysis. The works collected in this volume also demonstrate Buchanan's interest throughout his career in the ideas and issues posed by ecomic theory. Buchanan shows throughout this volume that he believes ecomic theory can help explain the world around us. Spanning nearly his entire fifty-year career, Buchanan's writings in this volume exhibit a consistency of thought and belief as ideas recur from paper to paper, ever richer and more resonant.The thirty-six works represented here are grouped into the major categories: the practice and method of ecomic theory; competition and entrepreneurship; the theory of mopoly; input prices; opportunity cost and efficient prices; increasing returns and the work ethic; ecomic theory in a post-Socialist world. Clearly, these papers as a whole reflect a broad range of issues and provide us with countless insights. More than this, they give us a picture of the theorist in his workshop. They acquaint us with what interests him and how he deals with important issues. In his conclusion to the opening essay, 'Is Ecomics the Science of Choice?' Buchanan typifies the richness of thought available throughout this volume: Modern ecomics, as practiced by professional scholars, embodies confusions that are fundamentally methodological. For myself, I advance claim that my own thinking has yet fully rid itself of the paradigms of neoclassical orthodoxy.
- Author BiographyJames M. Buchanan is an eminent economist who won the Alfred Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 1986 and one of the greatest scholars of liberty in the twentieth century.
- Author(s)James M. Buchanan
- PublisherLiberty Fund Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiberty Fund Inc
- Weight847 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.