All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring the past few decades, the interest of ecomists in the sources of long-term ecomic growth has led an increasing number of them to focus on the role of invation in creating that growth. Although some researchers have always been interested in this topic, the groundbreaking work of Solow (1957), Nelson (1959) and Arrow (1962) made many other ecomists recognize the central role played by invation in almost all spheres of ecomic activity. The Ecomics and Ecometrics of Invation presents a valuable overview of the work of the world's most rewned experts in the field of invation and technical change. It collects 22 outstanding contributions that reflect the results of the vast, worldwide research efforts and remind us of the importance of ecomic incentives in shaping and directing invative activities. The volume presents an edited selection of papers that were first presented at the 10th International ADRES conference. One particular goal of this book is to bring out the complementary nature of the various approaches to invation, and to facilitate in-depth dialogues both between microecomists and macroecomists, and between theoreticians and ecometricians. General topics that are considered range from the ecomy-wide effects of invation on growth and employment to the variation of individual firm invative performance; from the analysis of networks and standardization to the role of intellectual property rights and the assessment of kwledge spillovers. Besides the wealth of information presented in the chapters, readers of this volume will also appreciate the value of examining a single question from different angles and by using different methods.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/12/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight982 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byBronwyn H. Hall,David Encaoua,Francois Laisney,Jacques Mairesse
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2000
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.