All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo own or t to own? To make or to buy? To franchise or to manage? To contract long or to contract short? To trust or t to trust? To license or t to license? These and other questions are the subject matter of this introduction to the theory of ecomic organization. This fully updated third edition includes: new developments in the property rights theory of the firm; further extended treatment of co-operative and mutual forms of enterprise; entirely new sections on transactions cost ecomics and public policy; and new chapters on the ecomics of privatisation and the regulation of natural mopoly . In addition, transaction cost, property rights and agency approaches are contrasted, and Austrian and evolutionary criticisms of standard theory are explored. The author applies these theories to a wide range of questions from the choice of piece rates or time rates in contracting to the debate on Anglo-American versus other varieties of capitalism . Public policy in the fields of regulation and privatisation is also considered using the same framework.
- Author(s)Martin Ricketts
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2003
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content Notefigs.tabs.
- Weight910 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement3rd International edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.