The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity: Ecological and Economic Foundations by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $148.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHuman well-being relies critically on ecosystem services provided by nature. Examples include water and air quality regulation, nutrient cycling and decomposition, plant pollination and flood control, all of which are dependent on biodiversity. They are predominantly public goods with limited or markets and do t command any price in the conventional ecomic system, so their loss is often t detected and continues unaddressed and unabated. This in turn t only impacts human well-being, but also seriously undermines the sustainability of the ecomic system. It is against this background that TEEB: The Ecomics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity project was set up in 2007 and led by the United Nations Environment Programme to provide a comprehensive global assessment of ecomic aspects of these issues. This book, written by a team of international experts, represents the scientific state of the art, providing a comprehensive assessment of the fundamental ecological and ecomic principles of measuring and valuing ecosystem services and biodiversity, and showing how these can be mainstreamed into public policies. This volume and subsequent TEEB outputs will provide the authoritative kwledge and guidance to drive forward the biodiversity conservation agenda for the next decade.
- Author BiographyThis volume is an output of TEEB: The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity study and has been edited by Pushpam Kumar, Reader in Environmental Economics, University of Liverpool, UK. TEEB is hosted by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and supported by the European Commission, the German Federal Ministry for the Environment (BMU) and the UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), recently joined by Norway's Ministry for Foreign Affairs, The Netherlands' Ministry of Housing (VROM), the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and also the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA). The study leader is Pavan Sukhdev, who is also Special Adviser - Green Economy Initiative, UNEP.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleTEEB - The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteMaps, line drawings, diagrams, tables, graphs
- Weight1428 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byPushpam Kumar
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.