All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn order to control ever-increasing health care expenditure, Western and Asian countries are seeking to develop more efficient health care models. The papers in this book present quantitative research on various aspects of health care reform and health policy in Asia-Pacific countries such as China, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and in the US - nations diverse in their ecomic development, social demographic structure and health care expenditures. The main topic for discussion in this book is the role of both government and health insurers in funding healthcare. The implementation of community based, supplemental and national health insurance is explored, as are grants and the financing of hospitals and the care for the elderly. The effectiveness of education as an input to health investment and the rehabilitation of patients are also examined. Aiming to close the gap between the existing ecomics research and the rapid pace of the development of Asian health care markets, this book should be of interest to policymakers, researchers, academics and students alike.
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication22/05/2002
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleAcademia Studies in Asian Economies S.
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteindex
- Weight591 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byChee-Ruey Hsieh,T.-W. Hu
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.