All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNumerous individuals throughout international labour markets work hours in excess of their standard contractual hours. Overtime working is a vital consideration in the employment and wage decisions of many households and firms. From a policy perspective, overtime is at the centre of interest in the work sharing/unemployment trade off. Robert Hart presents the first comprehensive ecomic evaluation of this phemen, examining theoretical, empirical and policy aspects of overtime hours and pay. In a comparative assessment of labour supply, labour demand and compensating differential models of overtime behaviour, he utilises detailed international evidence drawn from the United States, Western Europe and Japan. Policy initiatives linked to job creation, work sharing, absenteeism and payroll taxation are critically assessed and presented in an intuitive manner. Displaying analytical rigour and empirical expertise, Robert Hart's work extends far beyond a mere summary of existing research to enliven and inform debate.
- Author BiographyRobert A. Hart is Professor of Economics at the University of Stirling. He is a labour market economist and acknowledged authority on the economics of working time. He is the author of The Economics of Non-Wage Labour Costs (1984), Working Time and Employment (1987), Human Capital, Employment and Bargaining (with Thomas Moutos, 1995) and Work and Pay in Japan (with Seiichi Kawasaki, 1999).
- Author(s)Robert A. Hart
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/08/2004
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note12 tables
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.