All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionIn this fully revised second edition of a well-regarded and popular text, Patrick McNutt presents more ideas and challenges to all those interested in political ecomy and public choice. The author evaluates a range of public choice concepts including rent-seeking, voting and voter behaviour, and the growth of government and bureaucracy. New material in this second edition includes: * the introduction of a moral choice set and a new methodology for the treatment of the concept of fairness * a positive theory of rent-seeking with empirical estimates * the issue of legal barriers to entry and related themes; in particular how a legal barrier can affect consumer welfare * a critical evaluation of the exchange and allocation of ecomic power and income inequality in developing countries * an overview of the global political ecomy which identifies the contribution of public choice.
- Author BiographyPatrick A. McNutt, Business Consultant based in Dublin, ROI and Visiting Fellow, Alliance Manchester Business School, UK
- Author(s)Patrick A. McNutt
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2002
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content Notefigs.tabs.
- Weight532 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.