All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1990, The Ecomics of Salmon Aquaculture was the first book to systematically analyse the salmon aquaculture industry, from both a market and production perspective. Since publication of the first edition of this book, the salmon aquaculture industry has grown at a phemenal rate, with salmon w being consumed in more than 100 countries worldwide. This second edition of a very popular and successful book brings the reader right up to date with all the major current issues pertaining to salmon aquaculture. Commencing with an overview of the production process in aquaculture, the following chapters provide in-depth coverage of the sources of the world s supply of salmon, the growth in productivity, techlogical changes, environmental issues, markets, market structure and competitiveness, lessons that can be learnt from the culture of other species, optimal harvesting techniques, production planning, and investment in salmon farms. Written by Frank Ashe and Trond Bjorndal, two of the world's leading experts in the ecomics of aquaculture, this second edition of The Ecomics of Salmon Aquaculture provides the salmon aquaculture industry with an essential reference work, including a wealth of commercially important information. This book is also a valuable resource for upper level students and professionals in aquaculture and ecomics, and libraries in all universities and research establishments where these subjects are studied and taught should have copies of this important book on their shelves.
- Author BiographyFrank Asche is Professor at the Department of Industrial Economics, University of Stavanger, Norway. Trond Bjorndal is Professor and Director of the Centre for the Economics and Management of Aquatic Resources (CEMARE), University of Portsmouth, UK, and Professor II, Aalesund University College, Norway.
- Author(s)Frank Asche,Trond Bjorndal
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2011
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleFishing News Books
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFishing News Books Ltd
- Content Note45 illustrations
- Weight712 g
- Width174 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.