All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Ecomics of Screening and Risk Sharing in Higher Education explores advances in information techlogies and in statistical and social sciences that have significantly improved the reliability of techniques for screening large populations. These advances are important for higher education worldwide because they affect many of the mechanisms commonly used for rationing the available supply of educational services. Using a single framework to study several independent questions, the authors provide a comprehensive theory in an empirically-driven field. Their answers to questions about funding structures for investments in higher education, students' attitudes towards risk, and the availability of arrangements for sharing individual talent risks are important for understanding the theoretical underpinnings of information and uncertainty on human capital formation.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Bernhard Eckwert is chair of the Economics Department at Bielefeld University. He has published on the theory of capital markets, the economics of information, and endogenous growth in journals such as European Economic Review, Economica, and the Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control Itzhak Zilcha works on problems in human capital, growth, and income distribution; the economics of information; and the economics of insurance. He has published his research in the Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Economica, and the Journal of Public Economic Theory, among others.
- Author(s)Bernhard Eckwert,Itzhak Zilcha
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication22/04/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.