All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComprising a series of unique and informative interviews, this original book focuses on the evolution and current state of the ecomic literature on the Great Depression. Rewned ecomists assess the status of the remaining debates, evaluate what ecomists do and do t kw about the ecomics of the interwar era, and examine the new directions ecomic research is taking in attempting to better understand this important ecomic epoch. Every generation of ecomists tries to understand the Depression, but the interwar generation of ecomists who lived through it left several issues unresolved. Often scholars from the generation that follows a particular event are the ones who provide fresh and disinterested evaluations of the historical period. We are w at that point in our evaluation of the ecomics of the interwar era. This book contains interviews with 12 American ecomists who have made substantial contributions to our understanding of the ecomics of the Great Depression: Peter Temin, Ben Bernanke, James Hamilton, Robert Lucas, Lee Ohanian, Christina Romer, Barry Eichengreen, Stephen Cecchetti, James Butkiewicz, Michael Bordo, Charles Calomiris and Allan Meltzer. Together and individually, they provide an enlightening account of what we have learned about the Great Depression from the post-World War II generation of ecomists. This accessible, highly readable book continues and extends the discussion of the Great Depression, appealing to students and scholars of both ecomics and history.
- Author BiographyRandall E. Parker, Professor of Economics, East Carolina University, US
- Author(s)Randall E. Parker
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication11/03/2008
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.