All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe price volatility of so many commodities over the past decade has underlined their ecomic importance and how dependent we are on them. The price of gold has soared to new peaks as currencies have endured a crisis of confidence; demand from China has pushed metal prices up; instability in the Middle East and North Africa has had its effect on the oil price; and food prices have been increasing in parallel with worries about whether there is eugh to feed the world. Among the commodities it covers in details are: *Aluminium, lead, nickel, tin, zinc, steel, iron ore, gold, silver and platinum; *Oil, gas and coal; *Wheat, maize (corn), sugar, soybeans, coffee, cotton, cocoa, tea, rice, wool and rubber. The guide looks at trends in the consumption and production of, and markets for, these goods. It looks at how prices have changed over the years and how they are likely to change in future. It analyses where the power lies in terms of producers (resource rich countries and mining firms) and market players (commodity exchanges and trading firms like Glencore). It highlights the vulnerabilities of different societies and industries to the vagaries of commodity markets. For anyone who wants a concise guide and comprehensive overview of the commodities business and its impact on the world, it will be invaluable.
- Author BiographyCaroline Bain is the senior commodities editor at The Economist Intelligence unit. Members of her team and outside experts who work with her will be involved in compiling the book.
- Author(s)Caroline Bain
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2013
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight455 g
- Width145 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.