All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionHistorically, the Lower Yangzi Delta (or Jiangnan), has played a key role in China's ecomic development. Indeed, as the prime example of a traditional Chinese market ecomy, the region serves as the core case study when making comparisons between the Chinese and Western ecomies in the early modern period. This book explores aspects of this vibrant market ecomy in late imperial China, and by presenting a reconstructed narrative of ecomic development in the early modern Jiangnan, provides new perspectives on established theories of Chinese ecomic development. Further, by examining ecomic values alongside social structures, this book produces a historically comprehensive account of the contemporary Chinese ecomy which engenders a deeper and broader understanding of China's current ecomic success. With a broad range of empirical case studies which incorporate a range of social science and cultural theories, this book will be of great interest to students and scholars of Chinese history, as well as Chinese ecomics and business.
- Author BiographyBilly K. L. So is Chair Professor of History at The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/08/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleAcademia Sinica on East Asia
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 41 black & white tables, 30 black & white line drawings
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byBilly K. L. So
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.