All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe nearly 150 documents in this anthology virtually embody the ecumenical century and are here presented in a definitive collection for both classroom and reference. Included in this exhaustive collection are significant passages from the most widely influential texts produced by assemblies, consultations, and statements of the World Council of Churches, carefully selected, edited, and introduced. They address the most important aspects of the ecumenical movement from its beginnings more than a century ago to today. 1. The Ecumenical Vision: Toward an Integration of Unity, Mission, Justice, and Renewal 2. The Unity of the Church: Toward a Common Definition 3. Agreement on Issues That Divide the Church: Toward Fuller Communion in Christ 4. Ecumenical Social Thought: Toward Solidarity in Humanity's Struggles Combatting Racism Reuncing War and Violence Overcoming Poverty Protecting the Environment 5. Mission and Evangelism: Toward Common Witness throughout the Earth 6. Dialogue with People of Other Faiths: Toward Better Understanding of Our Neighbors 7. Learning and Prayer: Toward a Community of Formation and Spirituality 8. Councils of Churches: Toward an Understanding of Their Nature and Purpose 9. Challenges Ahead: Toward an Ecumenical Future This enlarged second edition includes some seventy-five new texts, many of them produced since the first edition of 1997. Classic documents from the movement's earlier decades have been retained, but many short excerpts have been removed in favor of fewer - but fuller - texts.
- Author BiographyMichael Kinnamon is a widely respected theologian with deep and longstanding involvement in global ecumenism. Formerly on the staff of Faith and Order in the WCC, he also served as Miller Professor of Mission and Peace at Eden Seminary and as general secretary of the National Council of Churches of Christ in the USA. For the last three years he has been Spehar-Halligan Visiting Professor of Ecumenical Collaboration in Interreligious Dialogue at Seattle University.
- PublisherWorld Council of Churches (WCC Publications)
- Date of Publication27/11/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGeneva
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintWorld Council of Churches (WCC Publications)
- Weight1043 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMichael Kinnamon
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.