All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Indira Naidoo transformed her tiny thirteenth-floor balcony into a bountiful kitchen garden, it changed her life forever. She joined the quiet revolution rolling through our cities - the army of urban gardeners turning concrete into crops, and harvests into hope. She also came to realise that gardening spaces in cities are limited only by the imagination. Join Indira as she visits some of Australia's most invative and memorable kitchen gardens - the audacious garden in the sky providing a haven (and honey) for homeless visitors, the school bush-tucker garden reconnecting Indigeus kids with their heritage, the rooftop worm farm combatting food waste at a Melbourne restaurant, and the community gardens bringing neighbours together to share meals and stories. Indira also offers gardening tips and practical advice on beekeeping, worm farming, composting and setting up your own community garden, as well as 40 of her delicious recipes.
- Author BiographyIndira Naidoo is one of Australian television's best-known broadcasters and journalists. South-African born, she first joined the ABC in Adelaide in 1990 and since then has become a regular fixture on our TV screens, most notably as the presenter of SBS Television's highly regarded national mid-evening news service, World News Tonight. She has also hosted the ABC's 7.30 Report, National Late Edition News and Behind the News, and made regular guest appearances on Good News Week, Race Around the World, The New Inventors and The Glass House, amongst other shows, most recently appearing on the first series of Celebrity MasterChef on Network Ten. Indira is passionate about growing her own produce and creating delicious meals with the bounty from her balcony. Details of her food adventures can be found at her blog saucyonion.blogspot.com.
- Author(s)Indira Naidoo
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication26/08/2015
- Place of PublicationCamberwell
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- Weight795 g
- Width214 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.