All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Companion offers a critical overview of the diverse and dynamic field of Atlantic literary studies, with contributions by distinguished scholars on a series of topics that define the area. The essays focus on literature and culture from first contact to the present, exploring fruitful Atlantic connections across space and time, across national cultures, and embracing literature, culture and society. This research collection proposes that the analysis of literature and culture does t depend solely upon geographical setting to uncover textual meaning. Instead, it offers Atlantic connections based around migration, race, gender and sexuality, ecologies, and other significant ideological crossovers in the Atlantic World. The result is an exciting new critical map written by leading international researchers of a lively and expanding field.
- Author BiographyLeslie Elizabeth Eckel is Associate Professor of English at Suffolk University, Boston. She is the author of Atlantic Citizens: Nineteenth-Century American Writers at Work in the World (2013). Clare Frances Elliott is Senior Lecturer in English Literature at Northumbria University. She is the co-editor with Michael Patrick Cullinane of International Perspectives on Presidential Leadership (2014) and (with Andrew Hook) of Francis Jeffrey's American Journal: New York to Washington 1813 (2011).
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleEdinburgh Companions to Literature
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Edited byClare Elliott,Leslie Eckel
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.