All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a comprehensive and authoritative treatment of major themes and periods in the history of Scottish education. The distinctiveness and influence of Scotland's educational institutions have played a significant role in the construction of national identity. This book investigates the origins and evolution of the main institutions of Scottish education, bringing together a range of scholars, each an expert on his or her own period, and with interests including - but also ranging beyond - the history of education. From the medieval period to the modern, this book provides a broad picture of Scottish educational history, while also highlighting some areas of particular interest. It is an important reference work for historians and students of education within and beyond Scotland, and essential background reading for teachers and policy makers. It is also a significant book for anyone interested in the development of modern Scotland, its culture and institutions. This is the first multi authored history of education in Scotland that covers the whole of its medieval and modern history. It features an unrivalled group of historians and social scientists with extensive expertise in Scottish history. It sets new agendas for the future of historical research in Scotland.
- Author BiographyRobert Anderson taught history at the University of Edinburgh from 1969 to 2007. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh. Mark Freeman is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of London. Lindsay Paterson's main academic interests are in education, civic engagement and political attitudes. He is a Fellow of the British Academy and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byLindsay Paterson,Mark Freeman,Robert Anderson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.