All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEditorial Board: Bernard Burgoyne (London) James Grotstein (Los Angeles) Murray Stein (Chicago) Cleo van Velsen (London) Consultant Editors: Lewis Aaron, Howard Bacal, June Bernstein, Ron Britton, Morris Eagle, John Muller, Malcolm Pines, Eric Rayner, Paul Roazen, William Richardson, Andrew Samuels, Robert Wallerstein Executive Editors: Joe Aguayo, Shelley Ahanati, Betty Cann, Rebecca Curtis, Elir Fairbairn Birtles, Kirsty Hall, Jennifer Johns, Rik Loose, Maria Rhode, David Scharff, Robert Stolorow, Richard Tuch, Jane van Buren, Aleksandra Wagner The one thousand entries in this book provide the best single volume coverage of psychoanalysis available. With its wide, objective and catholic vision, the Encyclopaedia demonstrates that psychoanalysis is a single discipline, very much greater than any particular movement, school or individual, including its founder, Freud. Thus the book contains authoritative entries on all the most important authors, practitioners, concepts, movements, schools, debates and controversies in psychoanalysis and its offspring, past and present. A precis essay is given of each school amplified by explanations of all key terms within that school. Entries are alphabetically arranged, fully cross-referenced, many with suggestions for further reading. Most importantly the book features both contributors and entries reflecting the various disciplines such as Feminism, Literature, Philosophy, Art and Anthropology that have contributed to the development of psychoanalysis or been influenced by it. Besides an immense array of topics on psychoanalysis contributed by psychoanalysts themselves, there are also entries on many topics written by psychiatrists, psychologists, psychotherapists, philosophers, medical researchers, historians, literary critics, anthropologists, linguists and other specialists. International in scope, the Encyclopaedia also draws on a geographically wide field of authors. The Encyclopaedia caters for readers who require kwledge at a glance as well as those seeking a more detailed account. Besides concise definitions, it includes numerous illuminating longer essays by distinguished contributors including: Peter Fonagy, Michael Eigen, James Grotstein, Eric Laurent, Thomas Ogden, Paul Roazen, Hazel Barnes, Charles Brenner, Marcia Cavell, Morris Eagle, Murray Stein, Allan Schore, Robert Stolorow and Robert Wallerstein. Key Features * Entries on all the concepts of the main psychoanalytic schools of thought including the analytic psychologist, Jung. * Full coverage of: Freud, Fairbairn, Jung, Klein, Bion, Kohut, Winnicott and Lacan. Existential psychoanalysis is covered in detail, as are Group psychoanalysis, Child psychotherapy and Psychiatry. *Some 50 extended essays on links with other subjects including: Philosophy, Ethology, Literature, Film, Politics, Feminism, Neuroscience, Human Nature, Religion and many more. * Entries on all the main figures of psychoanalysis, past and present as well as the history and practice of psychoanalysis in 47 countries worldwide.
- Author BiographyRoss Skelton is a Senior Lecturer in Philosophy and Psychoanalytic Studies at Trinity College Dublin. He is also an experienced psychotherapist with a private practice. Apart from being one of the pioneers of psychoanalysis in the Republic of Ireland, he has published many articles on the interface of logic with psychoanalysis and also its connections with poetry and rhetoric. He is an editor of the American Journal of Psychotherapy and a former editor of the e-journal Kleinian Studies.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight888 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byRoss Skelton
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.