All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is the first to examine the educational philosophy of Elijah Muhammad, the founder of the Nation of Islam and a pivotal leader in America's history. This timely book outlines Elijah Muhammad's educational ideas in relation to critical pedagogy, multicultural education, and critical white studies, a branch of critical race theory , a theory popularized in the mid-1970s that reaches across disciplines to explore the relationship among race, the justice system, and society. This is a must-read for those dedicated to creating a new paradigm that can transform individuals, schools, societies, and the world. Features new to the second edition include a foreword by Tynnetta Muhammad, wife and student of Elijah Muhammad; opening comments by world rewned mathematician Dr. Abdulalim Sahabazz; a new chapter co-authored with Dr. Dorothy Blake Fardan; plus guided questions and power point tes to stimulate discourse around Elijah Muhammad's educational ideas.
- Author BiographyAbul Pitre is the former Carter G. Woodson Professor of Education at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania and current Professor of Education at Southern University.
- Author(s)Abul Pitre
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication27/06/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width161 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byTynnetta Muhammad
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.