All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes essays and excerpts from the author's memoir, Out of Place, as well as his thoughts on politics, history, literature, music, and cultural studies.
- Author BiographyEdward W. Said was born in 1935 in Jerusalem, raised in Jerusalem and Cairo, and educated in the United States, where he attended Princeton (B.A. 1957) and Harvard (M.A. 1960; Ph.D. 1964). In 1963, he began teaching at Columbia University, where he was University Professor of English and Comparative Literature. He died in 2003 in New York City. He is the author of twenty-two books which have been translated into 35 languages, including Orientalism (1978); The Question of Palestine (1979); Covering Islam (1980); The World, the Text, and the Critic (1983);Culture and Imperialism (1993); Peace and Its Discontents: Essays on Palestine and the Middle East Peace Process (1996);and Out of Place: A Memoir (1999). Besides his academic work, he wrote a twice-monthly column for Al-Hayat and Al-Ahram; was a regular contributor to newspapers in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East; and was the music critic for The Nation.
- Author(s)Edward W. Said
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2000
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMoustafa Bayoumi
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.