Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
About this product
- Descriptionby Dr P .H. Greenwood British Museum (Natural History), London Dr Tesch's wide ranging account of anguillid eels impinges on the interests of many biologists; it is t simply a specialized tome narrowly aimed at ichthyologists and fishery scientists, rather it provides a source of primary reference and a comprehensive sununary of informa- tion that is t likely to be superseded for a long time. It is significant that the bibliography includes references to learned journals concerned with physiology, pharmacology, taxomy, genetics, zoology, endo- crilogy, botany, ecology and environmental interactions. Such is the breadth of interest in the Anguillidae. Few fish species have been subjected to as detailed review as Dr Tesch gives for the (wo Atlantic species of Anguilla. An equally comprehensive resume of research into the fourteen, rather less well-studied Indo- Pacific species gives balance and reciprocal illumination to several biological problems posed by these similar but quite distinctive species.
- Author(s)F. W. Tesch
- Date of Publication06/10/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight688 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.