The Effects of Estrogen on Brain Function by Johns Hopkins University Press (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.14Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $37.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis timely volume reviews current data on the effects of estrogen on the central nervous system, highlighting clinical aspects of this topic. Experts from the fields of psychiatry, pharmacology, neurology, and geriatrics collaborate to clarify the kwn risks and benefits of hormone therapy and explore questions that remain to be elucidated. Among the topics discussed: Preclinical data on estrogen's effects on cognitive performance The short-lived effects of hormone replacement therapy on cognitive function Structural and functional brain imaging data regardingestrogen's effects on the central nervous system Preclinical efforts to develop effective NeuroSERMs for the brain The effects of estrogen on mood Citing the ongoing confusion over the risks and benefits of estrogen therapy, the contributors emphasize the need for additional research on medication, doses, preparations, methods of administration, alternative therapies, and supplements. This volume educates researchers, clinicians, and students on the current kwledge-including the effects of estrogen on mood, cognition, and brain metabolism-and provides guidelines for clinical practice and future research. Contributors: Roberta Diaz Brinton, Ph.D., University of Southern California; Cheri L. Geist, B.A., David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles; Robert B. Gibbs, Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy; Eva Hogervorst, Ph.D., University of Loughborough and University of Oxford; Pauline M. Maki, Ph.D., Neuropsychiatric Institute, University of Illiis-Chicago; Peter J. Schmidt, M.D., National Institute of Mental Health; Daniel H. S. Silverman, M.D., Ph.D., David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles; Katherine E. Williams, M.D., Stanford University School of Medicine; Kristine Yaffe, M.D., University of California, San Francisco, and San Francisco VA Medical Center; Laurel N. Zappert, B.A., Stanford University School of Medicine; Liqin Zhao, Ph.D., University of Southern California
- Author BiographyNatalie L. Rasgon, M.D., Ph.D., is an associate professor in the departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Stanford University School of Medicine, where she is director for the Behavioral Neuroendocrinology and the Women's Wellness Programs.
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication02/01/2007
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note20, 4 black & white halftones, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byNatalie L. Rasgon
- Interest AgeFrom 17
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $93.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.