All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA clear, concise guidebook to the essentials of yogic thought and practiceMany people think yoga simply means postures and breathing. Not true. The intention of this short guide is practical and straightforward: to say what yoga really is and to apply its principles to everyday life. It leads us through the eight-limbed system, a coherent framework that has been handed down and elaborated upon for thousands of years and consists of five outer limbs, which pertain to our experience of the social world and the operation of our senses, and three inner limbs, which focus on the mind. Stuart Ray Sarbacker and Kevin Kimple present the eight-limbed system as something that can be turned to again and again to deepen and expand understanding and practice. As an introduction and overview to the essence of yoga, The Eight Limbs of Yoga is unparalleled for clarity, usefulness, and concision.
- Author BiographyStuart Ray Sarbacker is an assistant professor of philosophy at Oregon State University and specializes in South Asian religion and philosophy. Kevin Kimple teaches at the Eugene School of Yoga and is an authorized Ashtanga instructor.
- Author(s)Kevin Kimple,Stuart Ray Sarbacker
- PublisherNorth Point Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, California
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Point Press
- Weight91 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byNavin and Pratima Doshi Professor of Indic and Comparative Theology Christopher Key Chapple
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.