All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecent challenges to the traditional view that the terms elder and overseer in the New Testament refer to the same office has caused the majority opinion to shift. After examining the background of the terms in Jewish and Greco-Roman sources, Paul's view of organized ministry in his letters to churches, and the relevant material in Acts and the Pastoral Epistles, Merkle concludes that the two terms are used interchangeably, representing the same office.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Benjamin L. Merkle received his Ph.D. from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky, and is currently teaching in Southeast Asia. He has published articles in the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, The Southern Journal of Theology, and the New Holman Bible Dictionary.
- Author(s)Benjamin L. Merkle
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2003
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleStudies in Biblical Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number57
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight420 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.