All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat decides elections? Is it the national ecomic condition, voters' partisan attachments, or the campaigns that candidates run? How much do campaigns matter? Scholars and political consultants will give you different answers. Stephen C. Craig and David B. Hill bring together the voices of both in this engaging volume, w updated to include the volatile and groundbreaking 2008 campaigns and elections. Each chapter features an essay from a top scholar in the field, followed by a response from political consultants. Contributors bring to bear the best literature and empirical evidence to determine what we kw about the factors that drive election outcomes-all while inviting students to join in the conversation.
- Author BiographyStephen C. Craig is professor of political science at the University of Florida, as well as director of the university's graduate program in Political Campaigning. He is author of The Malevolent Leaders: Popular Discontent in America; editor of Broken Contract? Changing Relationships between Americans and Their Government; co-editor of After the Boom: The Politics of Generation X; Ambivalence and the Structure of Political Opinion; Ambivalence, Politics, and Public Policy; and has published numerous book chapters and articles in professional journals. Craig has worked extensively with both academic and political surveys and continues to conduct polling and focus-group research for clients in Florida and elsewhere. David B. Hill is director of Hill Research Consultants and a member of the research faculty at Auburn University. Since 1984 he has polled for Republican candidates and ballot initiatives and referenda across the nation. His clients have included governors, U.S. senators, and members of congress, including former Vice President Dan Quayle; former Governor Terry Branstad of Iowa; Florida's Bob Martinez and Mel Martinez, that state's first Hispanic Governor and U.S. Senator, respectively; and Michigan's last Republican Governor, John Engler. He writes a weekly column on polling and campaigns for The Hill. Currently, he is working to elect Meg Whitman Governor of California.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication03/08/2010
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCQ Press
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavid B. Hill,Stephen C. Craig
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.