All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImagine 'Stand by Me' meets 'Trainspotting'. That's just what 'The Electric Irn-Bru Acid Test' manages to achieve in this first volume of Graham's adventures and misadventures growing up in the West of Scotland. Covering the period from 1978 to 1983, join Graham as he battles against rampaging hormones, totalitarian parents and school teachers who would t have been out of place in SS uniforms. The struggles he goes through are ones we can all identify with from some angle and, regardless of your upbringing, there will be resonant points for everyone. Often funny, sometimes sad but nearly always accurate, this is a fun filled romp through the heady days of puberty and beyond.
- Author BiographySteven W. Palmer is a Scottish exile currently living and working in Cambodia. Over his working life, he has been employed as a bar manager, drugs counsellor, social worker, DJ, promoter and sales and marketing manager. Moving to Asia just over 2 years ago, he spent 3 months wandering Singapore, China, Malaysia and Hong Kong, setting himself a challenge of writing a tune in each destination (to be released shortly on a compilation album) before settling in Bangkok for the next year. Feeling hemmed in by the city, he decamped to Sihanoukville in Southern Cambodia where he spent the next 11 months finishing this book. He is now resident in Phnom Penh where he works in finance and property and is currently working on his next novel; a fast paced Khmer-noir thriller called 'Angkor Away' . Apart from writing, his hobbies include writing quirky leftfield tunes and photography. He also writes articles and restaurant reviews for Phnom Penh based arts magazine 'The Advisor'. Steven W Palmer is a pen name.
- Author(s)Steven W Palmer
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.66
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $20.04
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.46
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.