All listings for this product
About this product
- Description*Silver medal winner in the 'Middle Grades Fiction' category of the Nautilus Book Awards 2015* Astie has always been different. Her 12th birthday is looming and she still has t decided on her thesis. All the Learners at the Hub picked theirs years ago. If it wasn't for her cousin, Jakob, life would be unbearable on Elemental Island. On the verge of being diagsed with Social Syndrome, she stumbles upon Danny who has landed in a forbidden flight machine. To protect him, Astie persuades Jakob to tamper with the Overseer's memory. On the run from the Monitors together, Astie calls on her unique qualities to forge a friendship with the stranger and discover his reason for coming to the island. What she finds will shake the foundations of the place she calls home. Set on a secretive island utopia where science and logic rule, this intriguing vel explores and celebrates differences in people from an alternative perspective. It is engaging reading for children aged 8-13.
- Author BiographyKathy Hoopmann is the best-selling author of All Cats have Asperger Syndrome, Inside Asperger's Looking Out, and The Asperger Adventure series. She has won and been shortlisted for many literary awards including the CBCA Australia, a Silver Nautilus Award and an IPPY gold medal. J.S. Kiss runs her own company, Wordstringer, and works as a book coach and editor. She holds a Master of Letters in Creative Writing from the University of Glasgow. She has won and been nominated or shortlisted for a number of literary awards, including the In Our Own Words competition, the Bridport Prize and the Sceptre Writing Prize.
- Author(s)J. S. Kiss,Kathy Hoopmann
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight363 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 8
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $15.43Trending at AU $15.99
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $74.67
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.57
- AU $40.76Trending at AU $46.25
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.75
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.50
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $44.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.