Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The Elements' is a fictional vel describing the environmental changes from the viewpoint of nature: the plants, the animals, the elements. Shap, a young shaman, develops ambitions to be an 'emperor'. Society develops where people accept being ruled over. His ambitions are thwarted by two young, spiritual twins with help from a kapok tree. When a madic group of native, flerd indians suddenly make camp in Fly forest, Wee Tree is simultaneously filled with fear and intrigue. He remembers Whale's poignant songs about their barbaric and savage activities and wonders what will become of him. Ruminant Whale tries to explain that the Fly indians are different from the other worldly flerds, but Tree remains apprehensive and keeps a cautious eye on them. During the mid-summer solstice, the old flerd shaman is seized and carried away by a sacrificial condor leaving the young, inexperienced Shap, his apprentice, to take his place. Shap tries to gain the confidence of the villagers by leading them to the fertile lands around the Fly mountains. The Indians believe the mountains to have evil spirits inhabiting them and it's t long before they start to mysteriously disappear in the night.A battle of wills takes place between Ocillo, an astute, sharp tongued woman, her two spiritually guided twins and the egotistic, narcissistic Shap. When he is unable to appease the spirits, he is exiled by Ocillo's two young daughters after they suppress the evil spirit themselves. The daughters: Chil and Chel, flourish in the forest when they team up with Wee Tree. By embracing Tree they combine their powers to boost his energy, transforming him into a mighty kapok. The old Shaman returns in the form of a condor to guide them through the spirit world. He also takes Shap to visit Virococha, the god of all creation. It is here that Shap comes to believe that he is the son of Virococha and diligently seeks the restoration of the Inca empire. He needs flerd sacrifices to ensure his success and has three significant females in mind...Ocillo, with Chil and Chel as her shamen, create a new way of sustainable living within the forest where hunting is banned and wildlife are encouraged to live in harmony alongside them. Other villagers, attracted by this new, acquiescent way of living, set up successful trading routes along the waterway. The Fly Indians prosper and life is good.The hunters though, are unhappy with this lifestyle and leave the villages in their droves. Somehow they are attracted to Shap and help build his indomitable empire. With its expansion and the increasing quest for food, the hunter warriors capture Ocillo and her fecund lands. They fail to capture Chil and Chel however, so Shap uses Ocillo as bait for the twins whilst preparing her for his first bloody sacrifice. The wild, but stupid Teragorm kills Shap, and when the tree fellers arive to cut down Wee Tree he arrives again together with the whole Indian nation to prevent the forests destruction.
- Author BiographyHarry Roseblade lives near Bristol when he is not traveling. Losing his wife at an early age, then having a bit of a battle with cancer, sent him off around the world in a somewhat traumatized state. However, he quickly discovered a love for the idiosyncrasies of this diverse earth, together with yoga and meditation. After traveling to the rain forests in Costa Rica, Ecuador, Venezuela and Papua New Guinea he discovered another love. In his debut book: The Elements, you will discover what that love is.
- Author(s)Harry Roseblade
- Date of Publication19/10/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.63
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.28
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.61
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.