The Elements of Design: Rediscovering Colours, Textures, Forms and Shapes by Cecile de Kegel, Loan Oei (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.12+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe bark of a plane tree in Paris; a detail of a cotton towel in Japan; sunset in the Egyptian desert; soil in the Yosemite National Park, California; a tiled floor in Bangkok; a wall in Ferrara; an iron cart wheel in Antwerp...colours, textures, forms and shapes are the basis of this unique sourcebook that reveals the elements common to all design and literally teaches us how to see. Hauntingly beautiful and deeply instructive, it surveys our whole environment, natural and manmade, and shows us how it can be defined in terms of basic elements: variable arrangements of dots; lines that are straight, curving, bending or crossing; planes such as rectangles, squares, lozenges, triangles and circles. All these are represented in this book, with telling juxtapositions, in a wide range of materials and techniques, in one sense timeless and universal, in ather datable and culturally conditioned. Ever-recurring design elements, they take us to the heart of the creative process: a creative transformation that may involve inspiration or imitation, representation or limitation. Destined to become a cult book for artists, designers and craftspeople of all kinds, as well as being an importan
- Author BiographyLoan Oei, based in Amsterdam, is an exhibitions curator. She also writes and lectures on textiles. Cecile De Kegel, based in Antwerp, is a graduate in textile design. She teaches weaving and is a passionate photographer.
- Author(s)Cecile de Kegel,Loan Oei
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication08/04/2002
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note177 colour illustrations
- Weight850 g
- Width250 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.