The Elements of Dessert by Francisco J. Migoya, The Culinary Institute of America (CIA) (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $84.55Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $99.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe essential guide to truly stunning desserts from pastry chef Francisco Migoya In this gorgeous and comprehensive new cookbook, Chef Migoya begins with the essential elements of contemporary desserts like mousses, doughs, and ganaches showing pastry chefs and students how to master those building blocks before molding and incorporating them into creative finished desserts. He then explores in detail pre-desserts, plated desserts, dessert buffets, passed desserts, cakes, and petits fours. Throughout, gorgeous and instructive photography displays steps, techniques, and finished items. The more than 200 recipes and variations collected here cover virtually every technique, concept, and type of dessert, giving professionals and home cooks a complete education in modern desserts. * More than 200 recipes including everything from artisan chocolates to French macarons to complex masterpieces like Bacon Ice Cream with Crisp French Toast and Maple Sauce * Written by Certified Master Baker Francisco Migoya, a highly respected pastry chef and the author of Frozen Desserts and The Modern Cafe, both from Wiley Combining Chef Migoya's expertise with that of The Culinary Institute of America, The Elements of Dessert is a must-have resource for professionals, students, and serious home cooks.
- Author BiographyFRANCISCO J. MIGOYA is a professor at The Culinary Institute of America, teaching the Cafe Operations class for the baking and pastry arts degree programs. He is also in charge of the Apple Pie Bakery Cafe, the CIA's busiest public restaurant operation. Before joining the CIA, he was executive pastry chef at Thomas Keller's The French Laundry, Bouchon Bakery, and Bouchon Bistro. He has also worked as a pastry chef at such New York City restaurants as Veritas, Ilo, and The River Cafe. Founded in 1946, THE CULINARY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA is an independent, not-for-profit college offering bachelor's and associate degrees in culinary arts and baking and pastry arts, as well as certificate programs in Latin cuisines and wine and beverage studies. A network of more than 44,000 alumni has helped the CIA earn its reputation as the world's premier culinary college. The CIA, which also offers courses for professionals and food enthusiasts, as well as consulting services for the foodservice and hospitality industry, has campuses in Hyde Park, New York; St. Helena, California; San Antonio, Texas; and Singapore.
- Author(s)Francisco J. Migoya,The Culinary Institute of America (CIA)
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight2184 g
- Width225 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine39 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.