All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.19New
- AU $24.80New
- AU $31.50New
- AU $14.52New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.29Trending at AU $51.08
- AU $38.88Trending at AU $47.27
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.20
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $36.91
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $17.42Trending at AU $20.79
About this product
- DescriptionA funny and useful grammar book! There are many grammar and usage books that give advice on correct English. This isn t one of them. The Elements of Expression targets expressiveness as a goal apart from getting it technically right. Imagine the yawns a sportscaster would induce by anuncing, His bat struck the ball and the ball went into the stands, instead of He took that ball downtown! And why say, I d prefer it if you didn t volunteer your opinions, if what you really mean is When I want your advice, I'll beat it out of you (Chuck Norris, Code of Silence)? Written with uncommon wit and humor, The Elements of Expression offers writers, speakers, and self-improvers a fresh look at how they express (or fail to express) their thoughts and feelings. Plotnik supplies many engaging examples of adventurous language to show the tremendous power of words to describe and enliven human experience. For people who care about language and want to write or speak forcefully, effectively in a word, expressively this is the audiobook to turn on!
- Author BiographyArthur Plotnik is a versatile author with a distinguished background in editing and publishing. Among his seven previous books are The Elements of Editing and The Elements of Expression, both Book-of-the-Month Club selections, and the best-selling Spunk & Bite: A Writer's Guide to Bold, Contemporary Style. His articles, op-eds, and literary pieces have been published widely, including his columns in The Writer magazine, on whose editorial board he serves.
- Author(s)Arthur Plotnik
- Date of Publication11/09/2012
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Narrator(s)Richard Waterhouse
- Contained items statement6 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time418
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.