All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionThe truth about English is that it can get pretty boring. Dangling modifiers, gerunds, punctuation marks--it's eugh to make you want to drop out of high school. Swearing and sex on the other hand, well, these time-hored pastimes warm the cockles of our hearts. Now, The Elements of F*cking Style drags English grammar out of the ivory tower and into the gutter, injecting a dull subject with a much-needed dose of color.This book addresses everything from common questions ( What the hell is a proun? ) to philosophical conundrums ( Does t using paragraphs or periods make my thesis read like it was written by a mental patient? ). Other valuable sections include: -All I've got in this world are my sentences and my balls, and I don't break 'em for body -A colon is more than an organ that gets cancer-Words your bound to f*ck up One glance at your friend's blog should tell you everything you need to kw about the sorry state of the English language. This book gives you the tools you need to stop looking like an idiot on message boards and in interoffice memos. Grammar has never before been so much f*cking fun.
- Author BiographyGrammar nerds Chris Baker and Jacob Hansen are the cofounders of The F*cking Word of the Day.
- Author(s)Chris Baker,Jacob Hansen
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Weight77 g
- Width117 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.