The Elements of Machine Design or Chiefly on Engine Details, Vol. 2 (Classic Reprint) by William Cawthorne Unwin (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.35Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The Elements of Machine Design or Chiefly on Engine Details, Vol. 2 The present volume deals chiefly, though t exclusively, with steam-engine details. The subjects discussed form, it is believed, a definitely related group, embracing most of the mechanical problems which occur in machinery for generating power; problems which are, on the whole, more complex than those examined in the First Part of this treatise. The general data of the strength of materials and the laws relating to the dependence of dimensions on straining actions are given in Part I. But in the cases to which these laws are there applied the straining actions are generally steady or statical, or may for practical purposes be treated as being so. In the design of Transmissive Machinery, in addition to questions of strength, kinematical problems are those most commonly presented. In Part II., which relates to machines the object of which is to supply mechanical energy for doing work, the parts of which move at varying speeds and are subjected to varying forces of inertia which are too large to be neglected, dynamical principles find a more frequent application. A treatise such as this has a double function. It is partly a collection of designs, data, and rules, of use in the workshop and engineering drawing-office. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)William Cawthorne Unwin
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.