The Elements of Scrum by Chris Sims, Hillary Louise Johnson (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Elements of Scrum has gained an international following and a reputation for being perhaps the only book on software development that reads like a page-turner. Written by Chris Sims, a top scrum trainer and pioneer of experiential learning, and Hillary Louise Johnson, a velist and business journalist, it demonstrates the principles, practices and pitfalls of the scrum framework through lively storytelling and vividly told example. The Elements of Scrum opens with a blow-by-blow description of a week in the life of a scrum team, then briefly details the history and origins of scrum, comparing it to traditional methodologies and providing context for how scrum applies to the cultural history of the software industry. Next, the principles and practices set forth in the Agile Manifesto are broken down and illustrated with real-world examples, putting the reader inside the heads of the founders of scrum and agile for a thorough grounding in theory. The meat of the book explains every aspect of the scrum process, including team composition, scheduling and work flow management, in crisp, clear, example-laden prose designed to provide insight to vices and experienced practitioners alike. The book concludes with a section on supporting technical practices like Test Driven Development and Pair Programming, to help the reader apply scrum at the practical level. The Elements of Scrum is taught at colleges and universities across the country, including UCLA, George Mason University, Arizona State, SUNY Potsdam, Wofford College, and Becker College. It has been translated into Mandarin, and is soon to appear in other international editions.
- Author BiographyChris Sims is a Certified Scrum Trainer and agile coach who has been helping teams improve their happiness and productivity since the turn of the century. He has made a living in roles such as: scrum master, product owner, engineering manager, C++ developer, musician, and auto mechanic. Chris is the founder of Agile Learning Labs and a frequent presenter at agile conferences. Hillary Louise Johnson is an author and journalist who has written on innovation, technology and pop culture for Inc Magazine and the Los Angeles Times, and has been editor-in-chief of several print and online publications. As an intellectual property consultant she has drafted numerous technology patents. She is the author of the novel, Physical Culture. Sims and Johnson are the authors of the international bestseller, Scrum: A Breathtakingly Brief and Agile Introduction.
- Author(s)Chris Sims,Hillary Louise Johnson
- PublisherDymaxicon, LLC
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDymaxicon, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight255 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.