All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElephant-headed and big-bellied, mischievous and sweet, the god Ganesh is one of the most familiar faces in the world. But why does he have the head of an elephant? Set in the Himalayas in a time of gods and goddesses, Elephant Prince tells the story of a remarkable bond between a mother and her son, a remorseful god, a generous elephant and the boy who became Ganesh. Belgin K. Wedman's jewel-toned illustrations, reminiscent of classical Indian miniatures, complement this poetic story of one of the most beloved gods of all.
- Author BiographyAmy Novesky likes to write picture books about interesting people and places. She is the award-winning author of ELEPHANT PRINCE, illustrated by Belgin Wedman; ME, FRIDA, about Frida Kahlo in San Francisco, illustrated by David Diaz; GEORGIA IN HAWAII, about Georgia O'Keeffe's travels in the Hawaiian islands, illustrated by Yuyi Morales; and IMOGEN, THE MOTHER OF MODERNISM AND THREE BOYS, about photographer Imogen Cunningham, illustrated by Lisa Congdon. LANGSTON HUGHES' LULLABY, illustrated by Sean Qualls, and MISTER & LADY DAY, about Billie Holiday and her beloved dogs, illustrated by Vanessa Newton, will follow in 2013. Amy lives and writes just north of San Francisco. To learn more about Amy, please visit her website: www.amynovesky.com.
- Author(s)Amy Novesky
- PublisherMandala Publishing Group
- Date of Publication31/03/2004
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMandala Publishing Group
- Out-of-print date02/08/2016
- Content NoteFull colour illus
- Weight454 g
- Width216 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $32.17
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.35
- AU $42.83Trending at AU $43.98
- AU $19.71Trending at AU $23.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.